Wild Salmon or Halibut Burgers w/ Red Coleslaw and Pesto Mayo
Pairs well with fresh fish.
Cooking Method for Wild Salmon or Halibut Burgers
- Pick the fresh thyme leaves and put over the fish with the olive oil. Set aside for 5 to 10 minutes then sprinkle salt and pepper on both side.
- On a hot grill; mark the fish for about 1/1/2 minute on each side depending on how thick your pieces are.
- Control the heat of your BBQ to get coloration on the flesh but avoiding burning and drying out the meat.
- Insert into mini burger buns with your favourite condiments.
- Serve with Red Coleslaw and pesto mayo.
Cooking Method for Red Coleslaw
- Remove the tough outer leaves from the head of red cabbage.
- Cut the cabbage into quarters and slice away the tough core.
- Grate or chop the cabbage coarsely.
- Put the grated cabbage in a large bowl, sprinkle with salt, and add the chopped onions and slivered apples. Toss gently to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, and salad oil.
- Pour over the cabbage mixture, toss, and serve.
Ingredients for Wild Salmon and/or Halibut Mini Burgers:
(serves 8 people)
- 240g Wild fresh Salmon and/or Halibut fillet
- 2tea spoon Fresh Thyme
- 2tea spoon Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 Mini burger buns
- 8 tb spoon Pesto Mayo (mix 1tb spoon of pesto into 7tb spoon mayo)
Ingredients for Red Coleslaw:
- 1 small head of red cabbage
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and cut into matchstick-sized
- 3 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 Tablespoons salad oil or a simple lemon dressing